Faculty of Language
BEST LANGUAGE FACULTY IN PUNJAB, NORTH INDIA
Faculty of Liberal Arts offers highly diverse range of subjects including Cultural Studies, Economics, English Language and Literature, Psychology, Linguistics, Sociology and Social Anthropology. Currently, the Faculty offers undergraduate course “BA Honours English” and also has a strong post-graduate program that confers research degree, namely Ph.D. The Faculty offers wide opportunities to students to apply what they learn in the classroom to the real world – what we call experiential learning.
Faculty of Liberal Arts strives to enhance students’ understanding of the world, and ensures to render well-developed, rounded and balanced education tantalizing them to Think Broadly and Lead Boldly; yet profoundlyrootedin traditional Indian ethos.
- To inculcate cross cultural sensitization
- To nurture creativity and encourage entrepreneurship
- To enhance employability and contribute to human resource development
- To instill sensitivity amongst the youth towards the community and environment
- To produce thought provoking leaders for the society
- To provide the opportunity for the mutual advancement and sharing of the excitement of learning for its own sake
- To become rational, well-informed and engaged global citizens, prepared for success in advanced academic studies or their careers.
- To develop the ability to read and think critically
- To develop effective written communication skills
- To develop the ability to understand and value multiple perspectives
- To develop the ability to respond to aesthetic, rhetorical, and cultural qualities in texts
- To develop well-informed temporal and spatial perspectives
- To develop the ability to incorporate research into writing
- To develop the ability to understand the history of literature in English in terms of major periods and
- To develop the skills necessary to adapt to a changing workplace, i.e. transferable skills.
|S. No.||Name of the Teacher||Designation||Educational Qualification|
|1||Dr. Disha Khanna||Associate Professor||Phd.,M.Phill,Masters in Lt.,BA(English Honurs), NPL Basic Practitioner|
|2||Ms. Navdeep Kaur||Teaching Assistant||MA,BA,Advance Diploma in Journailsm & Mass Media|
|3||Ms. Parvanshi Sharma||Assistant Professor||M.Phill, MA,BA, Phd.Pursuing|
|4||Ms. Sandhya||Teaching Assistant||M.A, B.A., B.A. (Honours)|
|5||Dr. Virender Gogna||Professor||Ph.D,M.Phill,MA|
|6||Ms. Parul Saluja||Teaching Assistant||PGDBA,B.Tech(EE)|
A degree in English Honours provides you with many opportunities to explore different fields while developing essential skills in communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills. Additionally, you will gain a greater understanding of the world around you and how you can positively influence it. The Faculty aspires to enrich the academic and creative life of the students, encourage cutting-edge scholarship, and cultivate a deeper understanding of humanity at large.
|Level Of Program||Name Of Program||Minimum Eligibility with 50% Marks|
|Graduate||BA (Honors) School In English||12th Any Stream|