GNA University Phagwara gives considerable emphasis to path breaking research and looks forward to exploit new opportunities in research utilizing its strength in the area of CAD/CAM, Engineering & Technology, Basic Sciences, Computational Sciences and Toxicology. Faculty is encouraged to undertake research in their respective areas which are of utmost national and state interest and submit research proposals to various central and state government agencies for funding.
The university provides substantial financial support to its faculty to present research papers in National/ International Conferences/Seminars in India and abroad. Faculty is also encouraged to organize scientific meetings/ conferences/ workshops and invite eminent scientists/ technocrats for lectures and interaction with students. The university has taken novel initiatives to remain in the vanguard of scientific and social research and has been setting up state-of-the-art laboratories, library and to create infrastructure for conducting research of international standard.
Following are the major areas of research currently in progress :
- CAD/CAM-Part: Product Development for Automobile, Home Appliance and Hand tools.
- Management / Business Studies
- Concept design using 2D profile, Mold and Die Manufacturing Process for Plastic, forging and PDC.
- Toxicology of Heavy metals/pesticides
- Ground Water Pollution
- Agile Technologies
- Revit Architecture
- Electromagnetic wave propagation and Seismology