Faculty of Hospitality
About Diploma in Hotel Management
Diploma in Hotel Management is one year full time program divided into two semesters. The program is aimed to equip students with required professional knowledge, technical competence and skills to enable them to pursue careers in the hospitality industry. The program is focused on imparting both theoretical knowledge and practical training.
The primary objective of the program is to provide students with detailed understanding of operational aspects of global hospitality industry. The program will also help students to communicate effectively in a multicultural hospitality environment.
Hospitality Industry is one of the largest employment generating sector and after completion of this program, students can join hospitality world immediately. This comprehensive one year program also focuses on the development of the student who wishes to make a fortifying career as a professional chef in hospitality industry.
- The program will develop the concepts and application of operational, computer and technical skills in student that are needed to be successful within the hospitality industry
- The student will be able to demonstrate the ability to develop, examine, question, and explore perspectives or alternatives to problems in hospitality operations.
- The student will exhibit the ability to use professional written and oral communication skills.
- The program will comprehend the student to practice and exhibit the basic operational knowledge regarding the front office, housekeeping, F&B service and Food production.
Semester Wise Subjects
|Sr. No.||Course Title|
|1||Food Production Foundation|
|2||Food & Beverage Service Foundation|
|3||Accommodation and Hotel Front Office Foundations|
|4||Food Production Foundation Lab|
|5||Food & Beverage Service Foundation Lab|
|6||Accommodation and Hotel Front Office Foundations Lab|
|Sr. No.||Course Title|
|1||Food Production Operations|
|2||Food and Beverage Service Operations|
|3||Accommodation and Hotel Front Office Operations|
|4||Food Production Operations Lab|
|5||Food and Beverage Service Operations Lab|
|6||Accommodation and Hotel Front Office Operations Lab|
As the hospitality industry is growing rapidly, there are ample of opportunities in Hotels, resorts, restaurants, cruise lines, casinos, hospitals and conference centers for the student’s upon completion of this program:
- Hospitality Associates in front office and housekeeping operations, food and beverage services.
- Guest relation executive in hotels
- Catering / kitchen assistants
- Event Management Coordinators
- Hospitality Coordinators in Hospitals and Malls
- Front Line Jobs in Cruise Lines
Prospective Companies where student would get opportunity to work after completion of Diploma in Hotel Management Program :