S. Gursaran Singh
S. Gursaran Singh is an able industrialist having started his career in the family concern manufacturing agricultural implements. In 1954 he turned to Auto Parts manufacturing line and introduced in the Auto spare market, Axle Shaft, Universal Joint Cross and Steel Forgings made in the family unit which has now acquired a very high brand image both in the national and International automobile market not only in replacement but fitment as original parts.
S. Gursaran Singh has been responsible for bringing in high degree of sophistication in manufacturing operations and marketing techniques with the result that the spare parts manufactured by the group units are fitted as Original Equipment by all leading manufacturers of Heavy and Medium commercial vehicles and off highways within India and Abroad. Gursaran Singh has traveled widely all over the world for business promotion and for participation in several trade fairs, seminars connected with the Automobile Industry. Over the years he has acquired considerable and rare business acumen in marketing, finance, taxation, general administration and the technical aspect of not only in automobile trade but also in every field. Beside his busy schedules, he participates in social, cultural and educational activities.
He was on the Board of the following bodies:
- Uco Bank from 1970-1977
- Punjab Small Industries and Export Corporation Limited
- Punjab State Industrial Development Corporation Limited
- Engineering Export Promotion Council of India
- Association of Indian Engineering Industry
Public Offices Held:
- Chairman, Punjab Committee - Federation of Engineering Industries of India
- Regional Advisory Committee - Custom & Central Excise
- Science and Technology Council under the Chairmanship of the Governor, Punjab
- Punjab Affairs Committee - PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Advisory Committee (Engineering Panel), Punjab Financial Corporation
- Managing Trustee - Mehar Singh Sura Charitable Trust and Hospital
- Northern India Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Chairman, Punjab Affairs Committee - All India Manufacturers Organization
- Member - Executive Council - Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA)
- Member - Tax Payers Committee
- Co-Chairman, Punjab Affairs Committee, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Member Punjab Committee- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Member, Ramgarhia Educational Council
- Member, Telephone Advisory Committee
- Member, Apeejay Satya Group of Education
- Managing Director – GNA Group Companies
- Chairma, S. Amar Singh Educational Charitable Trust
- Director, Lumax Industries Limited as an independent Director
- Executive Member
- L. Saighal Memorial Trust, Jalandhar
- Ramgarhia Educational Council, Phagwara
- DRV DAV Educational Society, Phillaur
- Ramgarhia Brahmin Dhiman Sabha, Phagwara
Gurdeep Singh Sihra
President and Pro – Chancellor, GNA University
Mr. Gurdeep Singh Sihra is President of GNA University and Director & CEO of GNA Gears Ltd. - a US $ 31 million – Gear Manufacturing Company. Mr. Sihra has joined his family held business in 1987 and was elevated to the position Of Director in 1995 and then CEO in 2006.Since 1986 he has held a series of leadership positions in the company. Most recently, as CEO and Director of GNA Gears Division, he led the company’s brilliant foray into global markets through its pioneering Vision and with strong focus on technology, innovation, process reengineering and expansion of distribution and scale. He has traveled various countries to enhance the vision and to implement latest technologies and management system in the Group companies. His dedication, positive attitude, vision gave him strength to face challenging opportunities to explore.
Dream of his Grandfather S. Amar Singh was instrumental in establishing GNA-IMT. Keeping in mind the need of social responsibilityand to fulfill his Grandfather’s wish, Mr. Gurdeep Singh thought to diversify his business to education and have started “GNA Institute of Management & Technology (GNA-IMT) at Mehtan, Phagwara in 2004. S. Gurdeep Singh has personally led the establishment and growth of GNA Institute of Management and Technology during the last 10 years. Mr. Gurdeep Singh was the president of GNA-IMT. He has pioneered the development of CAD/CAM courses in the State.
In 2012, he took the challenge of building GNA University. GNA University – Private University has been established in the year 2014. Under his leadership, University is growing as a highly respected Institute of professional and technical education.
Under his leadership, academics of GNA University is well aligned with industry requirements. To make the students readily employable, GNA University has collaborated with big industry giants like Bosch, Siemens, Autodesk, Festo, Stratasys, Dassaults Systems etc. GNA University has also signed MOUs with Huawei, University of La Vern – US, Wichita State University and may more like this. Under his leadership we are exclusive members of AIMA for Business Simulation Labs, EC Council University – US for Cyber Security, AWS Academy, Tableau, Mafoi, Times of India, and BSE Institute. The vision behind the establishment of GNA University is to give the opportunity to the students of Punjab to get trained on present technology and the technology which will be prevailing in the market when they will join the industry.
In addition to this, Mr. Gurdeep Sihra is an avid brilliant golfer and in his free time he also likes to pursue his hobby of photography and he admires the nature’s beautythrough his remarkable photography. He always takes some time out from his busy schedule to live his passion. He is socially very friendly and always looks for the opportunity to serve the community like his family traditions.