INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
Vision ( Internal Quality Assurance Cell )
To promote the quality culture in GNA University through various quality enhancement and quality sustaining initiatives.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of GNA University.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The above mentioned objectives can be achieved by developing mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development of University database for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Periodic review of Academic and Administrative Audits along with their follow up activities
- Preparation of AQAR as per the guidelines of NAAC
Activities of IQAC at GNA University
- Bringing Innovation in Teaching.
- Bringing reforms in Examination/ Evaluation systems.
- Ensuring upgradation of the faculty through various Faculty Development Programs, Faculty training and workshops
- Arranging Orientation Programs for the faculty and students.
- Planning Faculty and Student Exchange Programs.
- Promoting the research environment and sensitizing the faculty for research and encouraging faculty to apply for patents.
- Promoting Publication of research papers by faculty members in National and International Scopus indexed /WoS / ABDC / UGC Journals.
- Initiating and materializing National and International academic collaborations.
- Promoting industry linkage to bridge the industry academia gaps.
- Encouraging participatory, experiential and problem solving learning amongst the students through various extension activities in all faculties.
- Enriching the library in terms of Text Books/Reference Books/e-books/Journals/e- journals/ Digital Database.
- Meetings with every stakeholder – Faculty/Non-Teaching/Students / alumni and Parents / Employers for various purposes.
- Planning Seminars and Conferences to be organized – National / International.
- Developing plan of action semester wise and measuring outcome on completion.
- Student Feedback.
- Parent’s feedback and Industry Feedback.
- Teaching, Learning and Evaluation – Faculty participation in Seminars Conference/Symposia (National and International).
- Evaluating the student progression.
- Encouraging the participation of the students in the sports facilities.
- Encouraging the social work activities amongst the students through various community related activities.
- Regular Academic, administrative and Environmental Audit.
- Keeping connect with the alumni and getting their feedback and suggestions.