INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
VISION ( Internal Quality Assurance Cell )
To promote the quality culture in GNA University through various quality enhancement & quality sustaining initiatives.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of GNA University.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The above mentioned objectives can be achieved by developing mechanisms & procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic,administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development of University database for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Periodic review of Academic and Administrative Audits along with their follow up activities
- Preparation of AQAR as per the guidelines of NAAC
Activities of IQAC at GNA University
- Bringing Innovation in Teaching.
- Bringing reforms in Examination/ Evaluation systems.
- Ensuring upgradation of the faculty through various Faculty Development Programs, Faculty training & workshops.
- Arranging Orientation Programs for the faculty & students.
- Planning Faculty & Student Exchange Programs.
- Promoting the research environment & sensitizing the faculty for research & encouraging faculty to apply for patents.
- Promoting Publication of research papers by faculty members in National & International Scopus indexed /WoS / ABDC / UGC Journals.
- Initiating & materializing National & International academic collaborations.
- Promoting industry linkage to bridge the industry academia gaps.
- Encouraging participatory, experiential & problem solving learning amongst the students through various extension activities in all faculties.
- Enriching the library in terms of Text Books/Reference Books/e-books/Journals/e- journals/ Digital Database.
- Meetings with every stakeholder – Faculty/Non-Teaching/Students / alumni & Parents / Employers for various purposes.
- Planning Seminars & Conferences to be organized – National / International.
- Developing plan of action semester wise & measuring outcome on completion.
- Student Feedback.
- Parent’s feedback & Industry Feedback
- Teaching, Learning & Evaluation – Faculty participation in Seminars Conference/Symposia (National & International).
- Evaluating the student progression.
- Encouraging the participation of the students in the sports facilities.
- Encouraging the social work activities amongst the students through various community related activities.
- Regular Academic, Administrative & Environmental Audit.
- Keeping connect with the alumni & getting their feedback & suggestions.
COMPOSITION OF INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
|Dr. V. K. Rattan||Chairperson, Vice Chancellor|
|Dr. Vikrant Sharma||Professor & Dean Faculty of Engineering Design & Automation|
|Mr. Tripathy||Professor & Dean Faculty of Engineering Design & Automation ( Design )|
|Dr. Sameer Varma||Dean, GNA Business School|
|Dr. Disha Khanna||Dean, Faculty of Liberal Arts|
|Dr. Rajinder Kaur||Associate Professor, GNA Business School|
|Mr. Baljit||HoD, Animation and Multimedia|
|Mr. Ramandeep Singh||Assistant Professor, GNA Business School|
|Dr. Ranvir Singh||Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering Design and Automation|
|Ms. Simran Seehra||Vice President, Operations (Management Representative)|
|Mr. Kuldeep Sharma||Superintendent Accounts|
|Mr. Abhishek Dhawan||IT Manager|
|Mr. Pardeep Kumar||Deputy Librarian|
|Ms. Jyoti||Local Resident (Social worker and President of JCI North)|
|Mr. Harmeet Singh||Student Nominee|
|Ms. Chahat||Alumni Representative|
|Mr. Janak Jamwal||Parent Representative|
|Mr. Rahul Vats||Mak Architecure - Employer|
|Mr. Vikas Ghai||GVK Metalforms Pvt. Ltd. – Industralist|
|Dr. Monika Hanspal||IQAC coordinator|
The university collects feedback on curriculum aspects & courses from different stakeholders such as students, alumni, faculty, employers. Feedback from all four sections is analyzed & considered carefully & necessary actions were executed.
- There is need of faculty members with industry experience who from Industry may be invited for more technical courses.
- Practicals may be supplemented with working on Industrial problems.
- Library may be equipped with the books/ reference materials on latest technologies.
- Common room facility with indoor games to be provided.
- Playgrounds with International standards.
- Hostel students need a food joint to remain open till 11:00 PM.
- Local companies also to be included in the list of Corporates who are invited for placements.
All the fair suggestions were carefully considered and sorted out to increase Students’ satisfaction. As per the suggestions regarding Academics, the provision of Adjunct Faculty was introduced in every department to enhance the students’ learning experience and hence the lab practicals were supplemented with Industry based issues. The Library was further equipped with Online databases and books on latest technologies and latest versions/editions. Initiation to play indoor games like carrom and chess was started in the common room. A professional Basket Ball court was built in the campus to enhance physical activities of the students. New eating joints were established near hostel to facilitate hostelers with hygiene food till 11:00 PM. The Corporate Relations Division cell made more efforts to invite local companies in the campus for placements to facilitate our students.
- Refresher courses must be organized.
- More time to invest in Research.
- Addition of more books regarding DESIGN in the library.
- Involvement of CRD cell in organizing workshops and Guest Lectures.
- Need more automation systems in the library.
- Motivation to increase research work.
- Increase in-house FDPs and Conferences.
- Facilities to check plagiarism in Student’s assignments.
- More emphasis needs to be given towards the concepts that enhance the critical thinking of the students.
All the wise suggestions from Teacher’s side were considered by the Management. Refresher courses were organized by the Human Resource Development Cell under the Directorship of Dr.Anuranjan Sharda. Enhanced research-based activities were promoted in the departments by Research and Development cell. Examination Automation system was implemented to conduct and evaluate Online Examination. The budget for Library increased to order to meet the demand for more books and reference materials on latest & emerging technologies. Research Policy was implemented in letter and spirit to encourage the teachers to write quality research papers. The budget for organizing Conferences and in-house FDPs was increased for faculty’s professional growth. Various events and competitions were held by the GU Innovation and Start-Up policy to enhance the critical thinking of the students.
- Provide more technical guest lectures based on industry requirements from freshers.
- More events and activities should be there to boost the confidence in students. Needs to work more on communication skills.
- Students should be made to develop the habit of punctuality.
- Business flow understanding, coding standards, understanding of tools used in Project level.
- Communication skills need to be polished.
- Faculty need to focus on Industry Awareness so that they may train students on well planned manner.
Employer’s feedback plays an important role, therefore, the Management decided to increase more involvement of Corporate-Relation Division cell to participate more in the Student’s activities with the help of Teachers. Plans were implemented to encourage students for participating in Group Discussions, conducting mock interviews on regular basis, etc. to improve their communication skills. Services of professional organization like AON CoCubes and BullsEye were taken to achieve the same. Students are encouraged to develop the habit of punctuality from the very first semester. Focus was given on enhancing students’ analytical, communication and programming skills.
- More practical content is required to be added.
- More number of grounds need to be added.
- Recent version of softwares are required sometimes in the computers available in labs.
- Systems are quite slow when it comes to using software like MAYA, After effects etc.
- High configuration systems are required in Lab
- Need more short term industrial visits of 10 days.
- In future PLM technology must be there for better placements.
- In the final semester every student must take projects from industry.
- Try to get accreditation from NAAC.
- Start the subjects related with academic syllabus to crack the competitive exam PSSSB,PPSC, GATE, PSU.
- Make the environment for more practical projects like TIFAN and BAJA. Encourage the students toward these projects and events.
Genuine suggestions were taken into consideration by the University Management and efforts were made to increase in the quality of the projects. The new curriculum was designed with the help of Industry experts to increase the Placement rate in the university. Mentors with specialized technology were allotted to the students to help in the Projects. The Management initiated the task to apply for NAAC affiliation.
SCOPE ASSURANCE CELL
The Strategic Plan of University sets out an outline of priorities on the basis of Vision and Mission of University, its various teaching faculties and non-teaching departments. The Internal Quality Assurance Cell drafts the plan. and all faculties will be vital partners in its implementation. The strategic plan will be underpinned by a more detailed implementation plan overseen by GU-IQAC chaired by the Vice-Chancellor on a termly basis and, through it, to Governing Body on an annual basis.
To be recognised as an institution with focus on technical skills, innovation and entrepreneurship by providing a dynamic learning environment to the future leaders.
- Providing state of the art infrastructure, ideal environment for application based learning, research, working on industrial problems which are relevant to the society
- Offering programs in consonance with the industry requirement
- Ensuring and encouraging learning by practice
- Designing curriculum to match the industrial needs, global standard and societal aspirations
- Establish and enhance strategic relationship with the corporates
- Contributing towards the development of the sustainable society with community activities and awareness programs on health, hygiene, women empowerment, conservation of energy and protection of environment
- Community Engagement
To make positive impact on the society and to equip the student with values, skills and intellectual discipline, GNA University will be committed to the personal education of each student and will provide quality education and experience during their stay at GNA University
Commitment 1 - To attract the students from all backgrounds with outstanding potential
The University must recruit and support students of outstanding potential at all levels to enhance the intellectual strength, irrespective of their background. After evaluation of the effectiveness, we will plan for the more strengthened and expanded outreach activities.
We will work closely with faculties to ensure effective coordination of outreach activity. Admission processes for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs will be improved to ensure that equal opportunity is provided to all the applicants, improve efficiency and the quality of service.
We will review the University’s financial assistance program and scholarship policy to ensure that they are targeted in the most effective way. We will increase the financial support to the most able students.
Commitment 2 - To offer an impactful academic experience to all our students
For the undergraduate teaching, we will uphold the participative, experiential and problem-solving approach at the heart of University’s distinctive approach, and will ensure that ongoing support from a well- qualified faculty. We will ensure that teaching and assessment at GNA University provide an equal opportunity for all students to achieve and demonstrate their full academic potential. To reduce gaps in program attainment, greater diversity in assessment will be encouraged.
Supporting student for all the academic needs is core and is fulfilled by providing the greatest opportunity for all our students to excel. We will work to strengthen the central services for the welfare of the students.
To succeed in global workspace, we will provide opportunities, through and outside the curriculum, for our students to develop the personal and transferable skills. We will expand the number of work-placement opportunities for the students in India and abroad by providing opportunities for skills enhancement and career preparation for all our students.
Commitment 3 - To enhance the University’s academic environment
We will retain the best that GNA University has to offer in its teaching, with the access to unparalleled learning resources including our libraries and collections. We will also ensure that today’s opportunities and tomorrow’s challenges are well responded. We are committed to innovation and excellence in teaching, and will seek improved ways of demonstrating this by the well-defined process for staff recognition. We will ensure that teaching is equipped with innovative practices with the help of digital technology and a comprehensive approach to learning.
We will focus on growth in student numbers that is strategically important to deliver the academic priorities. We will continue to encourage the development of new and innovative courses to ensure that we are enabled to deliver the best blend to students.
- Set ambitious targets for bringing the diverse range of students by April 2019 to substantially increase by 2023 the number of undergraduate students from the different strata
- Aim to create by 2023 , wide range of scholarships.
- Set ambitious targets to gaps in attainment by gender and socio-economic background by April 2019 to reduce by 2023
- Aim to increase by 2023 undergraduate student intake by up to 200 a year, with a focus on subject areas which are in demand
- Aim to double the number the number of post graduate by 2023 and invite research talent to the University
- Aim to provide paid internship to the students by 2023.
- By 2023, in partnership with the industry, to have started the physical facilities at University.
Research always is key to mark the existence and presence of university in the society by solving real-world problems. We are committed to provide research base through an extensive network of partnerships and collaborations to drive advancement in knowledge, understanding, innovation and creativity.
Commitment 1 - To change the world for better
We will provide a encouraging environment for conducting research, with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure, appropriate support for staff and students, and investment in the training and support of our faculty. We will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to attract the most able minds from across the world to engage in our research.
Commitment 2 - To support the research by investing in people and encouraging them in their research endeavour
To support the research by investing in people and encouraging them in their research endeavour
We will invest further in the infrastructure to facilitate research, in the skills and people. We aim to maximise the cultural, social and economic benefit derived from our research
Commitment 3 - To promote research with quality
We will provide our researchers with the freedom to investigate problems of significance, whether their work be curiosity-driven or challenge-led.
- Enhance the research opportunities for the freshers
- Invest in human and physical infrastructure to encourage research by 2023
- Increase the scale of research facilities at the central level
- To engage with industry to grow the number and value of research which is not funded by Government
- Broaden the number and kind of innovative activities
- Foster the entrepreneurial environment for the staff and the students
People are the base of any educational institution success, Quality of academic activities including teaching, kind of research and the support to the students are dependent on the availability of trained teaching staff, professionally qualified staff and the support staff. The right kind of talent is crucial for the future of any University
Commitment 1 - To attract, recruit and train the best calibre staff
In order to ensure that the University recruit and retain the very best staff, we will ensure that our reward arrangements are robust, transparent and competitive. We will provide the challenging though comfortable environment to the staff with unmatched facilities.
Commitment 2 - To have diversified staffing profile
The broad range of cultural and other experiences that a diverse workforce brings will help the University maintain, develop and strengthen its research and teaching. An inclusive culture promotes the availability of equal opportunity for all, values diversity and maintains a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected.
Commitment 3 - To support staff in personal and professional development
It is important to enable the people to reach their full potential and maximise their contribution to the University by providing them the opportunities for their personal and professional development. Staff at all levels are encouraged to participate in planning their personal development and development programmes for all staff are well defined, regardless of their employment status. The talent with leadership qualities is identified and developed to make them best fit for the various roles
- Ensure that GNA remains an attractive place to work, taking into consideration the work environment, residential provision, international exposure, gratuity provisions, and salary
- Practice an environment where the well being of each other is the key to their professional relationships. Everyone practices trust, transparency, team work, passion, freedom and dignity
- Improve arrangements for the support of the staff
By enhancing the public engagement, we ensure that our activities benefits the public. For this we engage and partner with our alumni, private and social organisations
Commitment 1 - To build more stronger and constructive relationship with our local community
It is vitally important that University benefits the local community. We will provide opportunities for the local community engagements by organising fairs, exhibitions, public education, schools and outreach programs
Commitment 2 - To engage with public to shape our research endeavours
Working in partnership with business, voluntary, cultural organisations and others, we will look to inform the public about our research findings.
Public engagement enriches research and society and, to that end, are committed to enabling our researchers to consult and collaborate with the public
Community Engagement Priorities
- Continue to improve the breadth and depth of public engagement through events and programmes
- Inform, empower and mobilise alumni to become more knowledgeable and involved in support
- Investment in digital tools to support public engagement
It is imperative that University remains financially and environmentally sustainable. Simple systems are required to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of all services
Commitment 1 - To manage our financial resources for long term sustainability
Effective control of financial resources underpin all aspirations. To keep with this we are increasing our resource base from different sources, philanthropists and any other source
Commitment 2 - To provide environment that promotes minimal impact on environment
All buildings will be designed flexibly and to the highest standards of accessibility and environmental sustainability. On bike and on foot walk around the University is encouraged.
Commitment 3 - To continue to invest in our IT resources to provide good academic and administrative support
Investment in IT Infrastructure is crucial for the enhanced research capability, teaching and learning, and deliver efficiencies in support of administrative functions
Commitment 4 - To raise funds to support our students, invest in our staff, provide new infrastructure
Connecting the society, industry, and other organisations for the fund raising activities which can address strongly the strategic goals of the University
Exploring the diversified sources of income and investment involving partnership with the private industry, individuals with philanthropical thoughts and enhancing the length and breadth of sources for research funding
GNA University takes immense pride in being the uniquely distinctive campus in the Phagwara region possessing the license for the Community Radio. We got the LOI signed in February 2020 but due to COVID-19 situation, we got Grant of Permission Agreement (GOPA) signed in June 2020. GNA University is always known to be an organization with difference. The University always pursues things and tasks for the goodwill of the community at a larger level. Keeping the same fervour intact, this Community Radio will also execute activities that will:
- cover all the levels of society along with imparting them the necessary life skills,
- the apt education and hands on training that will make them self-reliant and self-sufficient in every walk of their life.
Impromptu after attaining the necessary license, the University has already framed a plan of community-based activities to be executed under this project. Some of the activities are mentioned below:
- University will be wholeheartedly working in collaboration with the farmers from the nearby villages of Dhaddey, Khatti, Lakhpur, Ranipur, Rawalpindi and so on to provide timely assistance and guidance to the farmers for saving and nourishing their vegetation
- Keeping in view the soaring rates of the COVID19 cases, the Community Radio is on its way to arrange counselling sessions on the need of the vaccination. Under this project, repetitive vaccination drives are also planned. The Community Radio will also make sincere endeavours in distribution of masks and sanitizers.
- The Community Radio will also pay heed on Naturopathy and Ayurveda. Special awareness camps will be arranged in community halls where the doctors holding the best practices in the field of Ayurveda will hold sessions updating the need of going back to the ancestral way of dealing with problems. The Community Radio will guide the people of the nearby villages to identify the root cause of their illness and eradicate their problems with natural herbs available in their own kitchen.
- Special efforts will be made to make the physically or mentally challenged people feel loved.
- Certain activities will be organized in an infotainment way where they will be getting a fair chance of acquiring some necessary survival skills and fun based learning to know the value of good health, hygiene and safety.
- The Community Radio will drive its focus on holding up career counselling programmes wherein passed out candidates of grade 12 will be urged to attend one on one counselling sessions with subject experts to seek the apt career programme of their choice.
- Special endeavours will be rendered in the direction of improving the young generation’s command on English language in all the 4 skills of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing so that they become comfortable and accustomed with the language and gain the necessary employability skills for their impending future
- The Community Radio will also provide certain story books with ample visual aids so that the curious language acquirers feel inclined to delve into developing the habit of reading.
- Many desired skills like grooming and personality sessions will be arranged for the inquisitive students to improve their personality and stand befitting for any front office job needed in the current scenario.
- The Community Radio will even arrange certain live musical events to unleash the hidden talent of the youth pertaining to prodigies in music. Some special awards will also be offered to the talented people for putting in the forefront their mellifluous journey of singing. Even the identified talented youth may be invited to represent his own village at events organized in the city or at GNA University.
- The Community Radio will make dire and sincere endeavours in organizing motivational lectures from the people in industry and academia, so that the inquisitive youth feel inclined and determined to take up the adventure road of pursuing the hobbies of their choice and make a difference in their lives and the community at a larger end
- Above all, the Community Radio will also execute some skill-based project from the MHRD and make these candidates self-sufficient for a happier life ahead.