M.Optom (Master of Optometry)
Optometry is a field of healthcare that is focused on dealing with the matters related to the eye. It is a discipline that caters to offering the gift of an unobstructed and clear vision. Since the public demand for well-qualified optometrists is rising, high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses are required to educate and train the students who aspire to shape a successful career in the field.
Keeping in line with this demand, GNA University has tied up with one of the fastest growing NABH accredited Rana Hospital, Ludhiana offering Bachelors & Masters in Optometry to students.
Their network hospitals are all equipped with state of the art technology to perform advance eye surgeries. They continuously offer eye care treatments for various age groups with cutting edge technology.
Rana Hospitalprovide quality ophthalmic treatment and world-class care with the highest levels of skill. The hospital is equipped with Cataract Clinic, Orbit And Oculoplastic, Lasik service Vision Therapy, Low Vision Service, Conatct Lens Services etc.
As a result of this association, students will be able to pursue a Bachelor & Masters of Optometry which is a full-time degree under regular education pattern including a year of internship. This undergraduate degree will train the students with the requisite skills and knowledge that is needed to work as an optometrist.
Rana Hospital will provide personalized and hands-on mentoring which will be a great learning exposure for the students & will have many job opportunities in the Optometry field.
- Fee : INR 54000 per semester
Duration : 2 Years
- Corporate sector- Professional at various positions for ophthalmic lens, Contact lens, pharmaceuticals and surgical companies etc.
- Private practice- open own clinic, also work as Optometry specialist like CL practitioner, Vision therapist, Low vision specialist, sports vision, behavioral optometrist
- Work for an optical chain or under a optical store
- Public health- at primary or secondary health centre, collaborate with NGO in service delivery
- Eye care hospitals & institutions – co manage patient, act as researcher, vision consultant, administrator, clinical heads
- Education sector- faculty, college heads
- Scientific research- in all disciples of optometry like Contact lens , Low vision, Binocular vision, Optics, Diagnostic, Diseases etc.
- Basic research and integrated professional area- interdisciplinary research of physics, psychology, evidence based medicine and general health issues.
- Opportunities to work abroad. Optometry is considered as Top 10 earning profession through out the world.
Health care has become one of the largest sectors both in terms of Revenue and Employment. The industry is growing at a tremendous pace owing to its strengthening coverage,services and increasing expenditure by public as well as private players. Global companies are entering into mergers and acquisitions with domestic and foreign companies to drive growth and gain new markets. Teaching options are also the Golden opportunity for them in various colleges and Universities.