Bachelor of Design (B.Des) program is conceived as a professional degree program for creative minds.
The program aims in giving taining to design and fabricate furniture systems.
In the program, design studios are organized to embed industrial and internantional experiences
B.Tech. Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is the second oldest branch of engineering and still coming up with flying colors. Civil Engineer is mainly concerned with design, plan, create and rehabilite infrastructural system including power generation facilities, water supply networks, roads, bridges, dams, flood protection, pollution control works and many more.
GU Civil undergraduate program is a professional engineering program which enables you with a highly experienced faculty and revised curriculum so that students can catch up with cutting-edge technologies.
With the ever-increasing development in infrastructure, Civil Engineering has become an acid in field of engineering. Civil engineers render technical advice on live engineering problems to various Government and Private Sector companies throughout country. The students have multiple career opportunities where they deal with research responsive to global challenges even in overseas countries such as Dubai, US, CANADA.
Career Pathways :
- Site Engineer
- Irrigation Department
- Consultancy Services
- Highways and Constructions
- Research & Development
- Public Sector Units
- Structural Designer
Program Specific Outcomes:
Download B.tech Civil Engineering Brochure
- An ability to design a structure, components, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, health and safety and sustainability in design.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice and disseminate new knowledge.
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining civil through relevant industry standards and code of practices.
- Designing and load estimation for domestic and industrial installation, roads and drawing layouts for piping and building automation.
- Conducts standard tests and measurements, and conducts, analyze and interpret experiments.
SEMESTER WISE SUBJECTS
Keeping in view the interests of the student, we at GNA University, offer the student to choose multiple domains in engineering. Students may opt for a secondary field of engineering as Minor Engineering from 3rd semester, along with their primary chosen field. In order to have an additional Minor Engineering, a student must earn additional minimum 20 credits in the chosen field of minor engineering.
A student will be eligible to get Engineering degree with Honours, if he/she completes an additional 20 credits. These could be acquired through MOOCs/NPTEL courses subject to approval by the Dean/Head of the School of Engineering Design and Automation.
- Employment of civil engineers is projected to grow 6 percent over the next ten years, about as fast as the average for all occupations. As current U.S. infrastructure experiences growing obsolescence, civil engineers will be needed to manage projects to rebuild, repair, and upgrade bridges, roads, levees, dams, airports, buildings, and other structures.
- A growing population likely means that new water systems will be required while, at the same time, aging, existing water systems must be maintained to reduce or eliminate leaks. In addition, more waste treatment plants will be needed to help clean the nation's waterways. Civil engineers will continue to play a key part in all of this work.
- The work of civil engineers will be needed for renewable-energy projects. Thus, as these new projects gain approval, civil engineers will be further involved in overseeing the construction of structures such as wind farms and solar arrays.
- Although state and local governments continue to face financial challenges and may have difficulty funding all projects, some delayed projects will have to be completed to build and maintain critical infrastructure, as well as to protect the public and the environment.
Still confused about which course to choose, check our Guide To Choose Best Engineering Branch For Future Goals
Job options after doing civil engineering are :
Architects plan and design houses, factories, office buildings, and other structures.
Civil Engineering Designers
Civil engineering designers help civil engineers to plan, design, and build highways, bridges, utilities, and other infrastructure projects. They also help to plan, design, and build commercial, industrial, residential, and land development projects.
Construction managers plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise construction projects from start to finish.
Environmental engineers use the principles of engineering, soil science, biology, and chemistry to develop solutions to environmental problems. They are involved in efforts to improve recycling, waste disposal, public health, and water and air pollution control.
Landscape architects design parks and the outdoor spaces of campuses, recreational facilities, businesses, private homes, and other open areas.
Structural engineers design, develop and build the structure. Structural engineers calculate the rigidity, stability of built structures for buildings.
Surveyors make precise measurements to determine property boundaries. They provide data relevant to the shape and contour of the Earth's surface for engineering, mapmaking, and construction projects..
Urban and Regional Planners
Urban and regional planners develop land use plans and programs that help create communities, accommodate population growth, and revitalize physical facilities in towns, cities, counties, and metropolitan areas.
Most of the jobs for Civil Engineers are in Govt. Sector., Railways, CPWD, MES, NHAI, and CWC are central organizations. Urban development authorities like DDA, GDA recruit large numbers of civil engineers.
Some of our prospective employers :