Download Ph.D. Program Brochure
GNA University Invites applications for the Ph.D. Program in the following streams/specializations for July 2023 Batch:
|Business Management and Commerce||Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, service management, Entrepreneurship, Health Care Management Commerce, Banking, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources & Artificial intelligence/Organizational Citizenship Behaviour/ Organizational Commitment/Big-Five Personality/Job Satisfaction.|
|Physics||Liquid Crystals Physics, Plasma Physics, Semiconductors Devices|
|Chemistry||Organic and Materials Chemistry/ Smart polymeric materials, Hydrogels, nano-composite and inorganic-organic hybrid ion exchangers synthesis and their applications in field of drug delivery and waste water treatment like dyes adsorption, heavy metal ions adsorption and photo catalytic dye degradation /Hybrid Inorganic-Organic composite nanomaterial/Nano-composites/colloidally stable metal oxide nanoparticles: Applications in Self-cleaning coating Technology and Hybrid solar cells/ Biophysical Chemistry/Drug additive interaction/ Amino acid/inorganic electrolytes/Physical Chemistry/ Bioinorganic and Coordination Chemistry/Computational Chemistry/metals in medicine/Synthetic chemistry|
|Mathematics||Analysis/Fixed Point Theory/Spaces in Real Analysis/ Differential Equations|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering/ Advanced finishing process and Industrial Automation / Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Automation, Robotics, Industry 4.0|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||Mass Communication and Journalism/ Development Communication|
|Tourism||Tourism Administration and Management|
|Pharmaceutical Sciences||Pharmaceutics and Pharmacognosy|
|Computer Science/ IT/Computer Application||Cloud Computing/Data Analytics/Algorithm Design & Analysis/Cryptography / Information Security / SNMP / Network Security/Artificial Intelligence/ Cloud Computing/ Medical Engineering|
|Computer Science Engineering||AI/Cloud/Signal Processing/Communication/Digital Image Processing/Soft Computing / Machine Learning/Bio informatics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Security, E -Learning Expert System/Cloud computing, Electronics, Microprocessor and Data Structures|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Optical Fibre/Wireless Sensor Networks/Wireless Communication|
|Hotel Management||Human Resources, Management, Hospitality|
|Physical Education||Physical Educations and Sports|
HOW TO APPLY
or Apply Online.
Send the hand filled entrance application form along with DMC of Graduation, Post-Graduation, Two Passport size Photographs/ NET/SET/GATE Qualification proof and Proof of Online Transfer/Payment (Bank detail available in accounts office)/Demand Draft (in favour of “GNA University, Phagwara”) of Rs.1000/- through registered post or By-hand only on/before the due date at Research and Development Cell, GNA University, Phagwara-Hoshiarpur Road, Sri Hargobindgarh, Phagwara, Punjab-144401 (INDIA). Also mail the scanned copies of application form, payment slip/DD and desired documents at email@example.com.
SYLLABUS FOR ENTRANCE EXAM
GNA University invites applications for July -2023 Ph.D. batch as per below criteria and procedure for admission:-
Eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.-The following are eligibility to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme:
(1) Candidates who have completed:
- A master’s degree programme after a bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- Or equivalent qualification form a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a low in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently -Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
(2) Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. Programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently –Abled, Economically W esker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
B. Duration of the Programme.-
(1) Ph.D. Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three (3) years, including course work, and maximum duration if six (6) year from the date of admission to the Ph.D. programme.
(2) Female Ph.D. Scholars may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave for up to 240 days in the entire duration of the Ph.D. programme.
C. Procedure for admission. -
(1) The admission will be based on the criteria notified above, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard is issued by the UGC and other statutory/regulatory bodies concerned, and taking into account the reservation policy of the Central/State Government from time to time.
(2) Admission to the Ph.D. programme will be made using the following methods:
- The candidates who qualify for Fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/CEED and similar National level test will be exempted from Entrance exam and their admission will be based on an interview.
Candidates entitled for exemption from the Entrance Examination shall submit the Application Form available under “Download Forms” along with relevant supporting documents within the stipulated time period.
- University will admit students through an Entrance Test conducted at the individual level of institute. The Entrance Test Syllabus will consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% will be subject specific.
Candidates may apply for Entrance Examination by submitting the Application Form available under “Download Forms” along with relevant supporting documents within the stipulated time period.
- Students who have secured 50% marks in the entrance test are eligible will be called for the interview.
- A relaxation of 5% makes will be allowed in the entrance examination for the candidates belonging tap SC/ST/OBS /differently-Abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- University have the right to decide the number of eligible candidates to be called for the interview based on the number of Ph.D. seats available.
- Provided that for the selection of candidates based on the entrance test conducted by the university, a weightage of 70%for the entrance test 30% for the performance in the interview/viva-voce shall be given.
D. Ph.D. through Part-time Mode (For Employees)-
(1) Ph.D. programmes through part-time mode will be permitted, provided all the conditions stipulated in the UGC (Minimum Standards and procedures for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2022 are fulfilled.
(2) The Candidate seeking admission through part-time mode will submit a ‘’ No Objection Certificate’’ for a part-time Ph.D. programme from the appropriate authority in the organization where the candidate is employed, clearly stating that:
- The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis.
- His/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- If required, he/she will be relieved from the duty to complete the course work.
|Last date of Receipt of Applications||26th December, 2023|
|Date of Ph.D. Entrance Examination||30th December, 2023|
|Result of the Entrance Exam||2nd January, 2024|
|Personal Interview, Document Verification and Registration||5-13 January, 2024|
|Last Date for Registration||15th January, 2024|
|Last Date for Remaining Fee Submission||22th January, 2024|
|Orientation and Commencement of Classes||27th January, 2024|
- The test will be conducted in two phases comprising objective type questions in Paper I and II.
- 50 questions are to be attempted in 60 minutes perpaper.
- Minimum 50% marks are required to be considered as “Qualified” to appear in personal interview.
- There shall be no negative marking.
|10:30 AM to 11:30 AM||100||60|
|11:30 AM to 12:30 AM||100||60|